We understand that some people with a disability may require a carer to attend. Therefore we allow carers free entry when accompanying a disabled person as long as they meet the criteria below.
IMPORTANT: All children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult – in this circumstance, as an adult must be present, there will be no necessity for a carer pass to be issued.
Eligibility to apply for a Carer Pass is set out below; receipt of any other disability or age-related benefits, pass or permit which is not specified in the eligibility criteria cannot be accepted when applying for carer pass.
- PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
- Letter from a medical professional, including a doctor’s note or a letter from an occupation therapist
- Carer’s allowance
- War Pensions Mobility allowance
- Blind or partially sighted registration certificate (BD8 or CVI certificate)
- A personal letter from the GP, community nurse or social worker
- Benefit award letters
- Copy of a blue badge (we would need to see both sides)
Documentation should be dated within the last 12 months, documentation dated later than this may be rejected.
We will also do our very best to make sure that disabled people are escorted to the front of any queues or have priority seating for stage talks etc but please be aware that this is not always possible.
As we are exceptionally busy setting up the show in the week leading up to NORCON, the applications for carer passes will cease 1 week before the event. No applications for carer passes will be accepted after this date (Friday 13th September 2023)
To avoid the carer pass system being abused, all carer discount codes will be flagged on entry and you may be requested to supply appropriate identification and documentation.
Please fill in the form on our carer ticket application page.